Fire displaces four

Published 10:40 pm Wednesday, April 25, 2018

A house fire in a downtown neighborhood displaced a family of four on Wednesday evening.

The fire in the 100 block of Bosley Avenue was reported at 8:14 p.m., and the first unit arrived on scene at 8:18 p.m. The occupants had evacuated prior to firefighters’ arrival.

Crews were able to quickly extinguish the kitchen fire; however, the home suffered smoke damage. The other unit of the two-story duplex was not affected.

Newsletter

Email newsletter signup

One adult and three children were displaced and were receiving assistance from the American Red Cross. The fire was called under control at 8:33 p.m.

There were no injuries, and the fire was ruled accidental.