Farmers Bank announces scholarships
Farmers Bank recently announced the recipients of the 2018 Farmers Bank Scholarship Program.
For more than 10 years, Farmers Bank has offered its scholarship program to graduating seniors with plans to attend a four year college within their market area. This year, Farmers Bank awarded eight $2,500 scholarships to high school seniors within the areas of Isle of Wight County, Southampton County, Suffolk, Portsmouth and Chesapeake, including home-schooled students in these districts. Applicants were selected by an independent committee composed of local community leaders and educators.
The scholarship winners are as follows:
- Heather Bowen, a graduate of Windsor High School planning to attend James Madison University
- Madellyn Carr, a graduate of Lakeland High School planning to attend Longwood University
- Sydney Carter, a graduate of Windsor High School planning to attend Davis & Elkins College
- Taylor Anne Cross, a graduate of Southampton High School planning to attend North Carolina State University
- Hailey Delgado, a graduate of Windsor High School planning to attend the University of Virginia
- Cameron Keely-Parker, a graduate of Deep Creek High School planning to attend the University of Richmond
- Reann Nichols, a graduate of Windsor High School planning to attend Old Dominion University
- Cassidy Whitehurst, a graduate of Indian River High School planning to attend George Mason University
“The Farmers Bank Scholarship Program is something I have always been very passionate about,” stated Richard J. Holland Jr., Farmers Bank chairman and chief executive officer. “I am honored that we are able to support local students and their families in the pursuit of higher education in this tangible way. We wish them much success in this new endeavor and look forward to all of their future accomplishments.”
Farmers Bank, founded in 1919, is headquartered in Windsor and is a community bank that operates seven branches and services areas throughout Tidewater. Additional information is available at the company’s website, www.farmersbankva.com.