Walmart evacuated due to smoke in building

Published 11:03 am Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Customers and employees were evacuated from the Walmart store on North Main Street Tuesday morning due to smoke in the building.

The problem at the store, in the 1200 block of North Main Street, was reported at 9:19 a.m., according to a city press release.

Smoke in the building was isolated to a problem with the HVAC on the roof, according to the release. Firefighters were checking ductwork, and fans were brought in to assist in ventilating the building.

Email newsletter signup