Fire at nursing home extinguished

Published 1:05 pm Sunday, February 17, 2019

Firefighters extinguished a fire in the laundry room at a local nursing home on Sunday morning.

The fire was reported at 7:37 a.m. from Autumn Care of Suffolk in the 2500 block of Pruden Boulevard, according to a city press release.

Units arrived on scene at 7:45 a.m. and found an active dryer fire in the laundry room. The fire was quickly confined to the laundry room and was quickly knocked down, according to the press release.

Email newsletter signup

Smoke conditions were limited inside due to fire doors that activated and closed when the alarm went off, the press release stated.

The case of the fire is under investigation.