City Memorial Day closings announced
Suffolk city offices will be closed Monday in observance of Memorial Day.
Normal operations will resume at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday. The following departments, facilities and services will observe the following schedule:
- Suffolk Public Works Department and TFC Recycling will pick up trash and recycling as scheduled next week. Cans must be placed at curbside no later than 7 a.m. on the day of collection. For more information on refuse collection, please call Public Works at 514-7630.
- The Southeastern Public Service Authority Transfer Station in Suffolk will be open from 8 a.m. to noon Monday. The Regional Landfill will be open from 8 a.m. to noon Monday.
- Suffolk Transit will not operate on Monday.
- All Suffolk Parks & Recreation Joint Use Recreation Facilities — Mack Benn Jr., Booker T. Washington, King’s Fork, Creekside, Northern Shores and Oakland — will be closed on Monday, with no before and after school care and no athletic practices scheduled.
- The East Suffolk Recreation Center and Whaleyville Community Center will be closed Monday,. The Suffolk Parks & Recreation Administrative Office will be closed Monday.
- Suffolk’s four major parks — Lone Star Lakes, Constant’s Wharf, Sleepy Hole and Bennett’s Creek — will remain open Monday; however, no park attendant will be on duty.
- Cypress Park Pool will be open on Memorial Day from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- The Suffolk Art Gallery will be closed Sunday and Monday.
- All Suffolk City Libraries — Morgan Memorial, North Suffolk and Chuckatuck — will be closed Monday and will reopen at 10 a.m. Tuesday.
- The Suffolk Tourism Visitor Center and Seaboard Station Railroad Museum will remain open on Monday. The Visitor Center is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The Railroad Museum will be open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The Suffolk Executive Airport Terminal will be closed on Monday. The field and self-service fuel farm will remain open during this time. Suffolk BBQ at the Airport will be closed Monday.