Five displaced after fire

Published 3:08 pm Thursday, October 17, 2019

A family of five was displaced due to a kitchen fire on Wednesday night.

The fire in the 6100 block of Whaleyville Boulevard was reported at 8:12 p.m., according to a city press release. The first units were on scene at 8:16 p.m.

The fire was contained to the kitchen including the stove, cabinets and ceiling, the press release stated. It was called under control at 8:36 p.m.

Email newsletter signup

No injuries were reported.

The four adults and one child were displaced due to smoke damage and the electrical power being secured and are being assisted by family.