SCCA postpones events
Published 5:17 pm Thursday, March 12, 2020
The Suffolk Center for Cultural Arts has postponed a number of events from tonight through March 27, according to an email from Executive Director Susan Lawrence.
“We want you to know that we are taking the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) in our community very seriously and want to assure you that your health and safety are of our utmost priority, as well as the health and safety of our artists, staff and volunteers,” the email stated.
Lawrence urged ticketholders to hold on to their tickets and stay tuned as the following events are rescheduled (listed with their original dates):
- March 12 — Documentary Screening: “Tidewater”
- March 13 — Jim Newsom and the Cloudless Sky
- March 17 — “Treasure Island” Student Matinee
- March 18-19 — Virginia Commission for the Arts Reception
- March 21 — “Disney’s Moana Jr.” by The Hurrah Players
- March 27 — SCCA Children’s Chorus: “Songs That Make You Sing”
Email newsletter signup
“We will continue to monitor the situation and follow all safety guidelines outlined by the CDC, the City of Suffolk and the State of Virginia,” the email stated.
Lawrence added that more details will be forthcoming about classes at the Suffolk Center.
“In the meantime, the Suffolk Center for Cultural Arts staff will remain vigilant, and we are prepared to make decisions based on current health professional recommendations, as well as in response to rapidly changing conditions,” Lawrence stated.