Holiday closings announced
In observance of Columbus Day, Suffolk City offices will be closed Oct. 12. Normal operations will resume at 8:30 a.m. Oct. 13. However, the majority of City of Suffolk facilities, as well as the Treasurer’s Office and the Commissioner of the Revenue’s Office inside City Hall and their satellite offices at the North Suffolk Library, remain closed to the public until further notice due to the impacts of COVID-19.
The following departments, services and facilities will observe the following schedule:
- The Suffolk Public Works Department and TFC Recycling will pick up trash and recycling as scheduled next week. Cans must be placed at curbside no later than 7 a.m. on the day of collection. For more information on refuse collection, call Public Works at 757-514-7630.
- The Southeastern Public Service Authority Transfer Station and Regional Landfill in Suffolk will be open from 8 a.m. to noon on Oct. 12.
- Suffolk Transit will run as scheduled on Oct. 12.
- All Suffolk Parks & Recreation Joint Use Recreation Facilities — Mack Benn Jr., Booker T. Washington, King’s Fork, Creekside, Northern Shores and Oakland — will remain open for Day Camp on Oct. 12.
- The East Suffolk and Whaleyville recreation centers will be closed Oct. 12.
- Suffolk’s four major parks — Lone Star Lakes, Constant’s Wharf, Sleepy Hole and Bennett’s Creek — will remain open Oct. 12; however, no park attendant will be on duty.
- All Suffolk City Libraries — Morgan Memorial, North Suffolk and Chuckatuck — will be closed Oct. 12, and the curbside pickup service will not be available.
- The Suffolk Art Gallery will be closed Oct. 12.
- The Suffolk Tourism Visitor Center Information-To-Go table, located near the front entrance of the Visitor Center, will be available from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Oct. 12. Public access to the interior of the Visitor Center remains closed to the public. Staff will be onsite to assist visitors during that time. The Suffolk Seaboard Station Railroad Museum remains closed to the public.
- The Suffolk Executive Airport Terminal will be unmanned Oct. 12. The airfield, self-service fuel island, and restaurant will remain open Oct. 12.