Election Day closings announced
In observance of Election Day, Suffolk city offices will be closed Tuesday, Nov. 3. Normal operations will resume at 8:30 a.m. Nov. 4. Please note, however, that the majority of city facilities, as well as the Treasurer’s Office and the Commissioner of the Revenue’s Office inside City Hall and their satellite offices at the North Suffolk Library, remain closed to the public until further notice due to the impacts of COVID-19. The city observes all state-designated holidays. Election Day was added as a holiday for Virginia this year, and state offices are closed on this day.
The following services, departments and facilities will observe the following schedule:
- There will be no change in the trash and recycling collection schedule. Suffolk Public Works Department reminds you that trash must be placed at curbside no later than 7 a.m. on the day of collection. For more information on refuse collection, please call Public Works at 757-514-7630.
- The Southeastern Public Service Authority Transfer Station and Regional Landfill in Suffolk will be open from 8 a.m. to noon on Tuesday.
- Suffolk Transit will run as scheduled on Tuesday.
- Suffolk Parks & Recreation Joint Use Recreation Centers (King’s Fork, Creekside, Northern Shores, Oakland, Booker T. Washington and Mack Benn Jr.) will be closed Tuesday. The East Suffolk Recreation Center and Whaleyville Recreation Center will be closed Tuesday for normal operations but will be open for the general election only. The Suffolk Parks & Recreation Administration Office will be closed Tuesday.
- Suffolk’s four major parks — Lone Star Lakes, Constant’s Wharf, Sleepy Hole and Bennett’s Creek — will remain open Tuesday; however, no park attendant will be on duty.
- All Suffolk City Libraries — Morgan Memorial, North Suffolk and Chuckatuck — will be closed Tuesday.
- The Suffolk Art Gallery will be closed Tuesday.
- The Suffolk Tourism Visitor Center Information-To-Go table, located near the front entrance of the Visitor Center, will be available from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday. Staff will be on site to assist visitors during that time. Public access to the interior of the Visitor Center remains closed to the public. The Suffolk Seaboard Station Railroad Museum remains closed to the public.
- The Suffolk Executive Airport and restaurant will remain open Tuesday.