Deadline extended for council seat
Published 7:36 pm Thursday, December 17, 2020
The deadline for submission of the notice of interest to serve as the City Council member to represent the Chuckatuck Borough has been extended to Jan. 15.
The City Clerk’s Office must be in receipt of all notices of interest no later than 5 p.m. that day, according to a city press release sent on Dec. 17. Available submission formats include electronic submission, email or postal mail.
The vacancy is occasioned by Councilman Mike Duman’s election to become mayor. His term as the Chuckatuck Borough representative does not expire until Dec. 31, 2022.
Email newsletter signup
Eligibility for consideration and appointment requires the following:
- Must be a resident and registered voter of the Chuckatuck Borough
- Must be at least the age of 18
- Must not be a convicted felon or have been convicted of any crime that would preclude the right to hold office
- Must complete and submit the notice of interest document
- Must meet all other qualifications to hold office, pursuant to the Code of Virginia
A notice of interest submission can be completed and submitted online at https://form.jotform.com/203363734505048. Alternatively the notice of interest submission form can be downloaded for mailing or emailing at https://www.suffolkva.us/DocumentCenter/View/5230/Appointment—Chuckatuck-Borough.
For email or postal mail, interested parties can use the following address: Office of the City Clerk, P.O. Box 1858, Suffolk, Virginia 23439 or email@example.com.