City office closings announced
Published 4:39 pm Friday, January 15, 2021
In observance of the Martin Luther King Jr. Day holiday, Suffolk City offices will be closed Monday, Jan. 18. Normal operations will resume at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday. The majority of city of Suffolk facilities, as well as the Treasurer’s Office and the Commissioner of the Revenue’s Office inside City Hall and their satellite offices at the North Suffolk Library, remain closed to the public until further notice due to the impacts of COVID-19.
- There will be no change to the trash and recycling collection schedule for Jan. 19-22. Trash must be placed at curbside no later than 7 a.m. on the day of collection. For more information on refuse collection, please call Public Works at 757-514-7630.
The Southeastern Public Service Authority Transfer Station and Regional Landfill in Suffolk will be open from 8 a.m. to noon Monday.
- All Suffolk Joint Use Recreation Centers — Mack Benn Jr., Booker T. Washington, King’s Fork, Creekside, Northern Shores and Oakland — will be closed Monday. The East Suffolk Recreation Center and Whaleyville Recreation Center will be closed Monday.
- Suffolk’s four major parks — Lone Star Lakes, Constant’s Wharf, Sleepy Hole, and Bennett’s Creek — will remain open Monday. However, no park attendant will be on duty.
- The Suffolk Art Gallery will be closed Monday.
- Suffolk Transit will operate on a normal schedule on Monday.
- All Suffolk City Libraries — Morgan Memorial, North Suffolk, Chuckatuck — will be closed Monday. Morgan Memorial and North Suffolk Libraries will reopen at 10 a.m. Tuesday for self-service technology use only as well as contactless curbside service.
- The Suffolk Visitor Center Information-To-Go table, located near the front entrance of the Visitor Center, will be available from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday. Staff will be onsite to assist visitors during that time. Public access to the interior of the Visitor Center remains closed to the public. The Suffolk Seaboard Station Railroad Museum remains closed to the public.
- The Suffolk Executive Airport terminal will be unmanned on Monday,. The airfield, self-service fuel island, and restaurant will remain open.