Presidents Day closings announced
Published 8:07 pm Friday, February 12, 2021
In observance of the Presidents Day holiday, Suffolk City offices will be closed Monday, Feb. 15. Normal operations will resume at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday. Please note, however, that the majority of City of Suffolk facilities, as well as the Treasurer’s Office and the Commissioner of the Revenue’s Office inside City Hall and their satellite offices at the North Suffolk Library, remain closed to the public until further notice due to the impacts of COVID-19.
The following departments, facilities and services will observe the following schedule:
- Suffolk Public Works Department and TFC Recycling will pick up trash and recycling as scheduled Feb. 16-19. Suffolk Public Works Department reminds you that trash must be placed at curbside no later than 7 a.m. on the day of collection. For more information on refuse collection, please call Public Works at 514-7630.
- The Southeastern Public Service Authority Transfer Station in Suffolk and the Regional Landfill will be open from 8 a.m. to noon Monday.
- Suffolk Transit will operate on a normal schedule on Monday.
- Suffolk Parks & Recreation Joint Use Recreation Centers — King’s Fork, Creekside, Northern Shores, Oakland, Booker T. Washington, Mack Benn Jr. — will be closed Monday. The East Suffolk Recreation Center and the Whaleyville Recreation Center will be closed Monday. The Suffolk Parks & Recreation Administration Office will be closed Monday.
- Suffolk’s four major parks — Lone Star Lakes, Constant’s Wharf, Sleepy Hole, Bennett’s Creek — will remain open Monday; however, no park attendant will be on duty.
- The Suffolk Art Gallery will be closed Monday.
- All Suffolk City Libraries — Morgan Memorial, North Suffolk, Chuckatuck — will be closed Monday. Morgan Memorial and North Suffolk Libraries will reopen at 10 a.m. Tuesday for self-service technology use only as well as contactless curbside service.
- The Suffolk Visitor Center Information-To-Go table, located near the front entrance of the Visitor Center, will be available from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday. Staff will be on site to assist visitors during that time. Public access to the interior of the Visitor Center remains closed to the public. The Suffolk Seaboard Station Railroad Museum remains closed to the public.
- The Suffolk Executive Airport terminal will be unmanned on Monday. The airfield, self-service fuel island and restaurant will remain open on Monday.