Teen indicted, to be tried as adult
Published 1:43 pm Friday, April 30, 2021
A Suffolk teen will be tried as an adult on charges including second-degree murder relating to a shooting at the Godwin Boulevard Wawa in December.
Marques Jauron Boneparte, now 17, of Suffolk, was indicted Wednesday on charges including second-degree murder; felony homicide; shoot/stab in commission of a felony; sale, distribute marijuana; firearm violation after involuntary commitment; possession of assault or handgun by juvenile; reckless handling of a firearm; assault; and use or display firearm in commission of a felony, according to a city press release.
The shooting happened on Dec. 5, 2020, and resulted in the death of 18-year-old Torico Reaves Jr., of Virginia Beach.
Boneparte’s name had not been released until now because Virginia State Code prohibits law enforcement from identifying juveniles charged with a criminal offense; however, the defendant has now been transferred as an adult.
Detention orders against Boneparte were previously granted, and he has been in the custody of the Chesapeake Detention Center since his initial arrest on Dec. 11, 2020.
In all, 38 defendants were indicted on 81 charges by the grand jury on Wednesday. The full grand jury list is below.
- Jaquella Bagley — possess Schedule I or II controlled substance
- Aaliyah Celeste Ball — fail to return bailed property
- Lynn Edward Blakeney — drive while intoxicated, third offense within 5 years; drive while suspended or revoked, endangerment
- Marques Jauron Boneparte — felony homicide; use firearm in felony (2 counts); shoot/stab in commission of a felony; reckless handling of firearm; person under 18 possess firearm; gun possession by involuntarily committed person; distribute marijuana, more than ½ ounce but less than 5 pounds; shoot firearm from vehicle; second-degree murder
- Bruce Lemar Boone — habitual offender, subsequent offense
- James Edward Boone Jr. — assault and battery of family member, third offense
- June Denise Boswell Small — third offense larceny
- Shavez Lavell Diggs — possess Schedule I or II controlled substance with intent to distribute; possess heroin; possess fentanyl
- Shante Antwallete Fields — malicious wounding
- Summer Greene — drugs: possess Schedule I or II controlled substance (2 counts); possess drug paraphernalia; drive while intoxicated/drugs, second within 5 years; drive under revocation/suspension
- Elroy Emanuel Hart — use firearm in felony; robbery of business
- Larry Jordan — strangle causing wound or injury; abduction
- Ryan Andrew Kluk — possess Schedule I or II controlled substance; possess gun with Schedule I or II controlled substance
- Kerri Leigh Willis — abduction
- Brent Elliott Lordahl — grand larceny (2 counts); larceny of bank note (2 counts); identity theft; forgery; uttering; obtain money by false pretenses
- Ashlee Danielle Manuel — grand larceny; larceny with intent to sell; obtain money by false pretenses
- Devon Richard McCory — possess firearm by violent felon
- Derrick Jerome Miller — abduction; contribute to delinquency of a minor
- Clinton Lee Mizell — hit and run, felony; drive while suspended, third or subsequent offense; reckless driving, improper brakes
- Edmond McKinley Norfleet Jr. — destruction of property with intent
- Sean Michael Parks — abduction
- Olivia M. Penrose Hamouch — hit and run, felony
- Clevelle Jonotey Pittman — receive stolen firearm
- Jermaine Lenoy Robinson — drive while intoxicated, third offense within 5 years, BAC over .20; operate under suspension/revocation
- Dion Markell Sawyer — unlawfully shoot occupied building; shoot in public place; assault and battery; concealed weapon
- Jason Stephen Scott — third offense concealed weapon
- Sheila S. Scott — assault on law enforcement officer; abduction
- Timothy Dale Scott — hit and run, over $1,000 damage
- Keith Keshaun Sessoms — third offense larceny
- Donta Lamark Skinner — violent felon possess/transport gun
- Justice Swapshire — strangle causing wound or injury
- Keren Monique Taylor — fail to return bailed property
- Andrew Donnell Thomas — drive while intoxicated, third offense within 10 years, BAC over .20; no driver’s license
- James Fitzgerald Towns Jr. — drugs, possess Schedule I or II controlled substance; identity theft
- Willie D. Vaughan — strangle causing wound or injury
- Paul Anton Ward — possess Schedule I or II controlled substance
- Shawn Ian Washburn — larceny of bank note (2 counts); identity theft; forgery; uttering; obtain money by false pretenses
- Robert Lee Wyatt — drugs, possess Schedule I or II controlled substance