Additional testing planned for Friday
Published 10:42 pm Thursday, December 30, 2021
In response to rising case counts, an additional testing event that is free and open to the public is planned Friday.
The testing from 2 to 6 p.m. will take place at the former Macy’s department store location at Military Circle Mall, 880 N. Military Highway in Norfolk.
This additional clinic is being provided due to the increase of COVID-19 cases in the region, according to a press release from the Virginia Department of Health.
Email newsletter signup
“The calls from our healthcare providers and community residents have been heard,” stated Dr. Parham Jaberi, acting director for Norfolk Health Department and VDH chief deputy commissioner. “With testing supplies in the community depleted, we hope this event will assist residents in the area in need of urgent testing.”
“This effort was made possible due to the continuing partnerships of local and state health departments with private vendors who have provided critical support and augmentation to VDH in this pandemic response,” said Suzanne Trotter, co-lead of the VDH Statewide Testing Team.
The vendor supporting the event has been providing testing services at this site since September.
- There is no charge for the testing.
- No appointments are necessary; this is a walk-in site only.
- Testing is available for ages 3 and up.
- Minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Identification is not required.
- Masks must be worn while in the facility and encouraged while outdoors in line.
- There will be no vaccinations at this site on Friday. Vaccinations will resume on Tuesday.
VDH is asking everyone to be patient should there be long lines. In addition to the state vendor, Dr. Jaberi reports appreciation of Norfolk Health Department staff who have also made plans on short notice on New Year’s Eve to respond to this community need.