Many city offices closed for Labor Day
Published 10:39 pm Thursday, September 1, 2022
In observance of the Labor Day holiday, Suffolk City offices are closed Monday, Sept. 5.
Normal operations resume at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 6. The city observes all state-designated holidays. Labor Day is considered a holiday for the Commonwealth of Virginia and all state offices are closed on this day.
- Suffolk Public Works Department picks up trash as scheduled the period of Sept. 6-9. TFC Recycling also conducts its normal recycling collection routes Sept. 6-9. Suffolk Public Works Department reminds residents that trash must be placed at curbside no later than 7 a.m. on the day of collection. For more information on refuse collection, please call Public Works at 757-514-7630.
- The Southeastern Public Service Authority transfer station in Suffolk and the regional landfill are open from 8 a.m. to noon Monday, Sept. 5.
- Suffolk Transit will not operate on Monday, Sept. 5.
- All Suffolk Parks and Recreation Joint Use Recreation Facilities — Mack Benn Jr., Booker T. Washington, Kings Fork, Creekside, Northern Shores and Oakland — are closed Monday, Sept. 5. The East Suffolk Recreation Center and the Curtis R. Milteer Sr. Recreation Center are closed Monday, Sept. 5.
- The Suffolk Art Gallery is closed Saturday, Sept. 3 through Monday, Sept. 5 and reopens Tuesday, Sept. 6.
- All four major parks — Lone Star Lakes, Lake Meade, Sleepy Hole and Bennett’s Creek — remain open Monday, Sept. 5, however, no park attendant will be on duty.
- All Suffolk Public Libraries — Morgan Memorial, North Suffolk and Chuckatuck — are closed Monday, Sept. 5. Morgan Memorial and North Suffolk Libraries reopen at 10 a.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 6, while the Chuckatuck Library reopens at 10 a.m. Monday, Sept. 12.
- The Suffolk Visitor Center is open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday, Sept. 5. The Suffolk Seaboard Station Railroad Museum also is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday, Sept. 5.
- The Suffolk Executive Airport terminal is set to be unmanned on Monday, Sept. 5. The airfield, self-service fuel island and restaurant remain open on Monday, Sept. 5.