Suffolk Fire and Rescue honors, promotes during recognition ceremony
Published 11:20 am Friday, December 2, 2022
Suffolk Fire and Rescue honors its members during a recent awards and recognition ceremony in addition to officially promoting six lieutenants, four captains, and three battalion chiefs.
The event was held at the Hilton Garden Inn-Suffolk Riverfront Thursday, Nov. 10, 2022.
Those receiving promotions and those honored are:
Email newsletter signup
Officers in Fire and Reccue promoted are: Battalion Chief Keith Johnson; Battalion Chief Steve Johnson; Battalion Chief Leon “Bubba” Ratliff; Captain Robert Hodges; Captain Colt Pulle; Captain Bradford “Travis” Saunders; Captain Owen “Tommy” Thomasson; Lt. David Creekmore; Lt. Ryan Harris; Lt. Michael Joseph; Lt. Christopher Posciask; Lt. Vincent Posey; and Lt. Burgess Wills
- Fire Chief’s Award of Excellence: Carla Sumblin
- Firefighter of the Year Award: Master Firefighter Charles Mullen
- Paramedic of the Year Award: Master Firefighter Medic Bryant “Doddy” Dodson
Officer of the Year Award: Battalion Chief Keith Johnson
- Medal of Valor: Cap. Christopher Hehl; Battalion Chief Chuck Knight; and Senior Firefighter Adam Short
- Medal of Honor: Master Firefighter Medic Robert Hayes; Master Firefighter Steven Hehl; Master Firefighter Todd Helmick; Master Firefighter Dwight Leidy
Capt. Steven Speight; and Firefighter Matthew Wendel
- Medal of Merit: Lt. Aimee Adams; Master Firefighter Trevor Duke; Capt. Steven Henkle; Battalion Chief Steve Johnson; Master Firefighter Dwight Leidy; Firefighter Medic Edward Tuck; Master Firefighter Michael Turner; Master Firefighter James Schmeling; and Master Firefighter Ryan West
- Certificate of Commendation: Lt. Rainey Dail; Firefighter Paramedic David Dail ; Suffolk Police Officer David Green; Suffolk Police Officer Austin Keiser; and Master Firefighter Dwight Leidy
- Certificate of Commendation/Unit Citation: Lt. Aimee Adams; Firefighter Scott Allen; Master Firefighter Medic James Beaman; Senior Firefighter Dave Bell; Battalion Chief Raphael Brown; Lt. Doug Carter; Master Firefighter Cliff Carr; Firefighter Medic David Dail; Firefighter Medic Amy Dunn-Brown; Master Firefighter Trevor Duke (2); Firefighter Medic Ryan Foster; Lt. Bryan Grasser; Capt. Steven Henkle (2); Capt. Robert Hodges; Senior Firefighter Richard Hudak (2); Battalion Chief Steve Johnson; Firefighter Charles Kelley; Master Firefighter Andy Kitchen (2); Firefighter Medic Anthony Miller; Senior Firefighter William Minga; Firefighter Medic Brian Moody; Firefighter Bryan Moore; Senior Firefighter Matt Nixon; Master Firefighter Warren Oliver; Firefighter Shawn Porter; Firefighter Medic Morgan Reid; Master Firefighter James Schmeling; Senior Firefighter Adam Short; Captain Steven Speight; Lt. Les Stickles; Firefighter Matthew Terry; Firefighter Medic Michael Thomas; Master Firefighter Frances Triplett; Master Firefighter Michael Turner; Firefighter Medic Daniel Viejo; Lt. Richard Ward (2); Lt. Lucas Weaver; Firefighter Raquel Wheby (2); Master Firefighter Travis Williford (2); Master Firefighter Brandon Williamson; Lt. Burgess Wills; and Master Firefighter Jason Yost
- Certificate of Meritorious Conduct Civilian Award: Patrick Brown; Easton Dail; Dwuan Martin; and Zandalyn Shepherd
- Challenge Coin Recognition: Capt. Taz Lancaster
The full Fire and Rescue awards ceremony can be viewed online at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdnRw3Gm3K4.