Jackson Road fire causes kitchen damage, sends one to hospital for smoke inhalation

Published 10:41 am Saturday, January 7, 2023

Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...

A Friday night fire caused moderate kitchen damage to a home in the 3400 block of Jackson Road.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue units responded Friday, Jan. 6 to the residential structure fire after emergency communications was contacted at 10:11 p.m. The first unit arrived on scene at 10:20 p.m.
A Fire and Rescue news release said Engine 2 arrived on scene to find light smoke showing from the front door of the home. Crews were able to extinguish a small fire in the kitchen.
Six occupants had evacuated prior to the arrival of fire units. One person at the scene was transported to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital for possible smoke inhalation. No firefighters were injured.
The kitchen sustained moderate fire damage to the stove, range hood and surrounding cabinets. The news release said the cause of the fire was determined to be unattended cooking.

Email newsletter signup