Published 5:36 pm Tuesday, April 25, 2023
Bulldogs girls tennis defeats Lake Taylor, 6-3
The King’s Fork High School girls tennis team defeated Lake Taylor High School, 6-3, in a meet held Friday, April 21.
In singles play, KFHS picked four matches out of the six with LTHS:
- KFHS’s Nakari Blunt defeated Caelin Warren, 8-3.
- KFHS’s Leah Stewart vs. Queen Awitia 8-3.
- KFHS’s Olivia Hodouto vs. Monian Powers 8-1.
- KFHS’s Maya Satchell vs. Misamme Adien 8-5.
- LTHS’s Brianna Lee defeated Jasmine Lawrence, 8-5
- LTHS’s Crustia Castro-Bautista defeated McKayla Carter, 8-2.
Email newsletter signup
In doubles action, the lady Bulldogs picked up two of the three match wins:
- KFHS’s Blunt and Stewart defeated Warren and Powers, 8-3.
- KFHS’s Hodouto and Wright defeated Awitia and Adjei 8-2.
- LTHS’s Lee and Castro-Bautista defeated Lawrence and Satchell, 6-8.
NSA lacrosse picks up near shutout of Steward
In Friday, April 21 boys varsity lacrosse, Nansemond-Suffolk Academy defeated
Steward School, 13-1.
Cooper Goss had five goals and one assist and Howard Casterlow scored three goals and had five assists for the Saints, Director of Athletics and Lacrosse Head Coach T. W. Johnson Jr. said.
Scoring in Friday’s game was:
NSA goals: Goss 5, Casterlow 3, Jensen 3, Greene, Dorsey
Steward goal: Creager
King’s Fork boys tennis edged past Heritage in a Monday, April 24 meet, 5-4
The KFHS boys claimed four of six matches in singles play:
- Heritage’s Jaden Alexander defeated Evan Croley of KFHS, 4-6, 3-6.
- Jaylon Best of Heritage defeated Charles Mccain, 1-6, 3-6.
- KFHS’s Ralph Anderson outplayed Bryon Jones, 6-2, 6-3.
- Sharmar Joggetts of KFHS defeated Heritage’s Ashawn Stewart, 6-3, 2-6, 6-3.
- KFHS’s Brandon Farmer claimed a win over Troy Randell, 6-4, 7-5, 11-9.
- Jayceon Boler of KFHS defeated Kalique Powell, 7-5, 6-2.
In doubles action, it was Heritage claiming two of the three matches:
- Heritage’s Jaden Alexander and Jaylon Best defeated KFHS’s Evan Croley Charles McCain. 5-8.
- Ralph Anderson and Jayceon Boler from KFHS claimed a win over Ashawn Stewart and Bryon Jones, 8-5.
- Troy Randle/Kalique Powell of Heritage claimed a win over KFHS’s Brandon Farmer and Shamer Jiggetts, 5-8.
NSA claims boys lacrosse win over Cape Henry Collegiate
The Nansemond-Suffolk Academy varsity boys lacrosse chalked up another win Tuesday, April 18, defeating Cape Henry Collegiate, 14-6.
Cooper Goss and Jackson Jensen each had five goals for the Saints and Howard Casterlow had six assists. Max Russell had 14 saves, according to NSA boys lacrosse Head Coach and Director of Athletics T. W. Johnson Jr.
On goals in the game, NSA was led by Goss and Jensen each with five, Greene with three and one for Parker. CHC goals were scored by Keller with three, and one each for Viera, Hatchell and Denno.