Suffolk Transit now offering extended service hours
Published 4:15 pm Friday, September 1, 2023
Suffolk Transit began offering extended operational hours for five out of its six routes Friday, Sept. 1, to enhance service, according to an agency news release.
New hours for the Orange Route and Green Route:
- Monday to Friday: The final bus departs from the downtown transfer station at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday: The last bus leaves the downtown transfer station at 3:30 p.m.
Purple Route hours are:
- Monday to Friday: The last bus leaves the North Suffolk Library station at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday: The last bus leaves the North Suffolk Library station at 3:30 p.m.
Email newsletter signup
New Yellow Route hours are:
- Monday to Friday: The last bus leaves the Downtown Transfer station at 7:50 p.m.
- Saturday: The last bus leaves the Downtown Transfer station at 3:30 p.m.
Pink Route new hours are:
- Monday to Friday: The last bus leaves the Downtown Transfer station at 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday: The last bus leaves the Downtown Transfer station at 2:05 p.m.
There are no changes to the Red Route service.
A decade ago, Suffolk Transit’s annual ridership stood at 24,662 passengers, serving about 10 bus stops. Fast forward to today, it boasts an extensive network of more than 180 bus stops and an annual ridership of 108,658 passengers.
“Suffolk Transit’s growth over the last decade has been remarkable, expanding from just two routes and four buses to currently operating six routes with nine buses,” transit officials said in the release.
Additionally, paratransit service is offered providing convenient pickups and drop-offs within a three-quarter mile radius of any bus route.
“Our ongoing challenge remains the development of a service that aligns with and adapts to the fast-paced growth of our city,” Suffolk Transit Manager Maria Ptakowski said, “We anticipate that these improvements will enhance the lifestyles of our citizens.”
For more information, contact Ptakowski at 757-514-7641 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org