Six displaced after Friday kitchen fire

Published 11:30 pm Friday, May 10, 2024

Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...

Six people were displaced after a small kitchen fire on St. James Avenue on Friday night. According to Suffolk Fire and Rescue, crews responded to the 400 Block of St James Ave. at approximately 8 p.m. and found a small fire in the kitchen. Crews searched the structure and found that all residents had made it out of the home safely prior to their arrival. The fire damaged the stove and extended to the cabinets in the kitchen.

The American Red Cross is assisting the two adults and four children who were displaced by the incident. The fire was determined to be accidental, resulting in no firefighter or civilian injuries.

Email newsletter signup