School Board announces appointments
Published 12:00 am Thursday, June 20, 2002
At a special called meeting today, the Suffolk School Board approved the following administrative appointments:
* Coordinator of Elementary Education –
Email newsletter signup
Pamela B. Kiriakos
* Coordinator of Special Education – Nancy O. Gillie
* Coordinator of Staff Development – Jo Anne Kehr
* Principal of John Yeates Middle School – Douglas B. Dohey
* Principal of Mack Benn, Jr. Elementary School – Ronald M. Leigh, Jr.
* Principal of Nansemond Parkway Elementary School – Dianne W. Gee
* Principal of Northern Shores Elementary School – Freddie Teryl (Terry) Napier
* Principal of Robertson Elementary School – Rhonda D. Jones
Pamela B. Kiriakos fills the Coordinator of Elementary Education position vacancy created by the promotion of Deran R. Whitney to Assistant Superintendent of Elementary Education. Mrs. Kiriakos is principal at Northern Shores Elementary School.
Nancy O. Gillie fills the Coordinator of Special Education vacancy created by the resignation of Wanda L. Hamilton, who is relocating to Colorado. Ms. Gillie is Director of Instruction for the Virginia School for the Deaf, Blind and Multi-Disabled in Hampton.
Jo Anne Kehr fills the newly created position of Coordinator of Staff Development. She is staff development coordinator for Norfolk Public Schools.
Douglas B. Dohey fills the principalship of John Yeates Middle School. Dohey is assistant principal at John F. Kennedy Middle School.
Ronald M. Leigh Jr. fills the principalship of Mack Benn Jr. Elementary School created by the resignation of Lybi B. Gittens, who is relocating to New York. Leigh is principal at Robertson Elementary School.
Dianne W. Gee fills the principalship of Nansemond Parkway Elementary School created by the retirement of W.D. White. Mrs. Gee is assistant principal at that school.
Freddie Teryl (Terry) Napier fills the principalship of Northern Shores Elementary School created by the promotion of Pamela B. Kiriakos. Napier is assistant principal at Booker T. Washington Elementary School.
Rhonda D. Jones fills the principalship of Robertson Elementary School created by the re-assignment of Ronald M. Leigh Jr. Mrs. Jones is currently assistant principal at Mack Benn Jr. Elementary School.