Hotel plans staying on track
Published 12:00 am Friday, December 6, 2002
Plans appear to be moving on schedule for construction of the recently approved $21 million Hilton Garden Inn.
Last week, Landmark Design Co. delivered revised site development plans to the city’s planning department, said Tom Young, a spokesman for the Atlanta-based Stormont Hospitality Co.
&uot;Our final plans will not be complete and ready to go to bid until Jan. 3,&uot; Young said. The city will receive its copy at the same time.
Email newsletter signup
Once bids are returned to Stormont at the end of January, Young believes a general contractor will be selected and on the job by mid-February.
Despite some controversy over funding, the 150-room hotel on Constant’s Wharf – touted by some to be the catalyst that will further revive downtown Suffolk – got the final seal of approval in November from the Industrial Development Authority.