Alleged child sex offender to face jury next week
Published 12:00 am Sunday, August 22, 2004
A Suffolk man charged with sexually abusing a young boy four years ago will stand trial next week.
Kenneth James Duncan, 20, will face 14 charges during a jury trial that begins Tuesday in Suffolk Circuit Court. He is charged with six counts of aggravated sexual battery/victim under 13; four counts of forcible sodomy/victim under 13; and four counts of child pornography possession.
Duncan has been held without bond at Western Tidewater Regional Jail since his arrest last summer.
Email newsletter signup
Duncan was arrested last year after the boy, now 10, came forward and with accusations of abuse
three years earlier, said Lt. Debbie George, spokeswoman for the Suffolk Police Department.
The abuse allegedly happened at a house on Archers Mill Road, George said. At the time, Duncan also lived on that road.
Chesapeake Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney Lori Galbraith will prosecute the case. The trial is expected to last at least two days.