Dryer fire damages laundromat

Published 12:00 am Sunday, January 30, 2005

Staff report

A fire that started in a clothes dryer at a Suffolk laundromat caused some $6,000 in damages Thursday.

Suffolk firefighters were called to Laundry Village at 608 W. Washington St. at 6:48 p.m. where they found a small pile of clothes on fire outside near the rear, and fire burning inside a clothes dryer extending onto the surrounding wall paneling.

Email newsletter signup

The scene was cleared by 7:26 p.m.

No injuries were reported.

Suffolk Police and the Nansemond-Suffolk Rescue Squad also responded.

The investigation is ongoing.