Man to face trial for armed robbery
Published 12:00 am Monday, July 3, 2006
A man accused of robbing a fast food restaurant employee at gunpoint this spring was indicted recently by a grand jury.
The grand jury on Wednesday issued warrants charging Anthony Bazemore of Portsmouth with one count each of armed robbery, conspiring to commit a felony and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon; two counts of abduction; and three counts of using a firearm in the commission of a felony.
Authorities were called to Sonic America, 1536 N. Main St., around 10:40 p.m. May 11, after Bazemore allegedly went into the eatery and held up the restaurant manager at gunpoint, said Lt. Debbie George, spokeswoman for the Suffolk Police Department.
He was arrested later that night.
Bazemore, who is being held without bond in Western Tidewater Regional Jail, is scheduled to stand trial in Suffolk Circuit Court at 9:30 a.m. Aug. 2.
The grand jury also certified charges against the following people:
– Aaron Harris, petitions, brandishing a firearm, discharging a firearm/missile into an occupied building, possession of a firearm by a minor, discharging firearm within a densely populated area of city, obstruction of justice, assault and battery of a law enforcement officer, curse/abusive language use, Feb. 16 and March 14;.
– Terryne Askew, warrant, petit larceny-third offense, April 15;
– William Lenton Bailey Jr., warrant, petit larceny-third offense, May 8;
– Richard Barlow, warrants, forgery, uttering, attempted grand larceny, Nov. 18, 2004;
– Terron L. Goodman, warrant, assaulting a family/household member-third offense, April 30;
– Wakon Lee Herington, warrant, possession of cocaine, Dec. 31, 2004;
– Vernon Lee Brown, warrant, assaulting a family/household member-third offense, April 23;
– Richard Tyrone Colbert, warrant, possession of cocaine with intent to distribute-second or subsequent offense, March 30;
– Melanie Deon Coles, warrant/unauthorized use of auto, indictment/grand larceny, April 4;
– John David Cruden, warrant/possession of cocaine, indictment/possession of marijuana, May 11;
– Emma M. Darden, warrant, possession of cocaine, June 15, 2005;
– Christopher Dean Day, indictments, possession of cocaine, defective equipment, Nov. 14, 2005;
– Timothy Fisher Eaton, warrants, third offense concealment, possession of cocaine, April 26;
– George Joe Eure III, warrant, statutory burglary, April 22;
– Bernard J. Faucett Jr., warrant, malicious wounding, May 2;
– James Cawthon Forbes, warrant, embezzlement, April 17;
– Tyvan Antonio Frink, warrant, grand larceny, March 20;
– Brian Gregory Gomer, warrant, burglar tool possession, statutory burglary, May 4;
– Peter Antonio Hunt, indictments, driving after forfeiture of license, possession of cocaine with intent to distribute nsecond/subsequent offense, Jan. 28;
– Christopher Farrell Jackson, warrants, grand larceny, burglary tools possession, Feb. 14;
– Patricia Harden Jenkins, warrant, concealment of third offense, April 24;
– Clayton Laverne Johnson Jr., warrant, possession of cocaine, Feb. 28;
– Burt Allen Jones, warrant, possession of cocaine, March 30;
– Justin Jones, warrant, throwing/shooting at occupied vehicle, Oct. 7, 2005;
– Christopher Robert Lajoie, warrant, possession of cocaine, June 5, 2005;
– Arnae Lavonia Mackey, grand larceny, April 14;
– Jack Parker Riddick Jr., warrant, possession of cocaine, April 29, 2005;
– William Rudolph Pitt Jr., warrant, robbery, April 13;
– Anthony Eugene Reid, indictment, possession of marijuana, Dec. 19, 2005;
– Lonnie Donielle Reid, warrant, possession of cocaine with intent to distribute, April 24, 2005;
– Jason Michael Robey, indictments, two counts each of grand larceny, conspiring to commit a felony, Jan. 9.
– John Major, warrant, statutory armed burglary, April 15;
– Angela Manley, warrant, possession of cocaine, Aug. 29, 2005;
– Randy Morings, petitions, armed robbery, use firearm in commission of a felony, conspiracy to commit a felony, distributing controlled/imitation substance/marijuana, April 28 and Feb. 13;
– Viola Staton, warrant, grand larceny, April 14;
– Shertina A. Stevenson, warrant, child abuse/neglect, April 8;
– Kevin Lamont Sykes, warrant, possession of cocaine with intent to distribute, May 3;
– Mark Turner Douglas, warrants, two counts failure to register as sex offender, April 2;
– Trionne Shadell White, indictment, possession of cocaine, March 27.
– Emma Jane Wilburn, warrant, possession of cocaine, Feb. 8;
– Melvin Williams, warrant, unlawful wounding, April 25;
– Larricka Wilson, warrant, statutory burglary, May 5;
– Steve Lenro Wise, indictment, possession of marijuana with intent to distribute, Dec. 14, 2005.