Cheer Fund grows
Published 12:00 am Thursday, November 30, 2006
With just a few short weeks to go before Christmas, the Cheer Fund hit the 13 percent mark this week.
The goal is to raise $45,000 for the Toys-for-Tots program. As of today, $5,885 had been received.
Those donating this week were:
Email newsletter signup
– $100 Anonymous, in honor of the life of Rob Harrell
– $25 Sadie and Molly, in memory of Taylor and Chuck
– $150Antioch United Church of Christ Stewardship Board
– $100O’Connor & Company, Inc.
– $100Suffolk Iron Works, Inc.
– $100J. Walter Hosier & Son, Inc.
– $500Suffolk First Bank
This week: $1,200
Send checks made out to the Cheer Fund to the Suffolk News-Herald, P.O. Box 1220, Suffolk, Va. 23434, or drop them and toy donations off at the office, 130 S. Saratoga St.