Fire leaves four homeless

Published 9:15 am Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Suffolk Fire and Rescue responded to a residential fire Monday that lefts that three adults and one child homeless.

A firefighter sustained minor injuries fighting the fire, but was treated at the scene and no additional medical treatment was necessary.

The fire call to the 300 block of Beech Street was received at 2:45 p.m. Units were on scene within minutes and located a fire in an upstairs bedroom of the two story, single family dwelling.

Email newsletter signup

The fire was brought under control within thirty minutes.

The structure sustained approximately $8,000 in damage. There was approximately $5,000 damage to the contents of the residence. The Red Cross assisted in relocating the three adults and one child that lived at the home.

The cause of the fire was determined to be an electrical short.