Fire damages Sleepy Hole home

Published 12:34 pm Monday, November 23, 2009

A fire in the 100 block of Nansemond Pointe Drive Monday morning damaged the home’s kitchen.

Nobody was home when firefighters responded about 10:15 a.m., city spokeswoman Debbie George said. Firefighters believe the fire started in the kitchen. The fire was contained to the kitchen, except for heat damage in the rest of the house, George said.

One firefighter was transported to Sentara BelleHarbour to be treated for heat exhaustion, George said.

Email newsletter signup