Two injured in house fire

Published 9:11 pm Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Two people were airlifted to a hospital early Wednesday morning after a fire that started in the kitchen of their home on Waters Avenue.

An adult and a child suffered from smoke inhalation and were transported to Sentara Obici Hospital from the scene of the fire, according to Suffolk spokesperson Debbie George. From there, they were flown to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital.

Firefighters were called to the scene at 12:45 a.m. after a neighbor reported a kitchen fire in the home, located in the 3300 block of Waters Avenue. They had brought the fire under control by 1:30 a.m.

Email newsletter signup

One adult and three children were displaced by the fire and were being aided by the Suffolk Chapter of the American Red Cross.

The Suffolk Fire Marshal is investigating the fire.