Fast food worker indicted
Published 10:36 pm Wednesday, September 25, 2013
The grand jury has indicted a Norfolk man charged with sexually assaulting one of his employees at a North Suffolk fast-food restaurant.
Michael Thaddeus Smith, 31, is accused of assaulting the male victim in the restroom at the Burger King in the 2900 block of Bridge Road.
Smith is one of 61 defendants indicted on 140 charges by the grand jury, which met on Monday.
Email newsletter signup
The alleged incident at Burger King happened May 25. Smith allegedly began to fondle the victim and performed a sexual act on him, despite being told to stop at least three times, according to a police report. He allegedly gave the victim $20 and told him not to tell anyone.
Arraignment for Smith is set for Nov. 4.
In addition, a Suffolk man was indicted on charges stemming from alleged assaults on a female family member when she was a teenager.
Travis Lashon McQuillia, 33, allegedly committed the acts from 2009 to 2012 on Stacy Drive, where the family lived previously, as well as the 2200 block of East Washington Street. The victim was between the ages of 13 and 17 at the time.
An Oct. 23 arraignment has been set for McQuillia.
The full grand jury report is below.
- Dontrell Arrington — possession of marijuana with intent to distribute
- Brandon Lavon Artis — robbery; grand larceny
- Brandi Leigh Bartlett — threaten to bomb/burn
- Antonio Lee Beale — statutory burglary (2 counts); conspiracy to commit statutory burglary (2 counts); possession of burglary tools; grand larceny
- John Derak Bonds — statutory burglary
- Alvin Maurice Boone — driving while intoxicated, third offense within 10 years
- Lavoris Lee Bowers — robbery
- Shawn Marcel Branche — malicious wounding; hit and run; assault and battery
- Angela Brant — statutory burglary; grand larceny; larceny with intent to sell
- Alphonso Ocie Brown Jr. — drive after being declared habitual offender
- Gennie Wilson Brown Jr. — unauthorized use of vehicle
- Dionte Maurice Bryant — credit card theft
- Caneika Burke — false statement, medical assist; obtain money by false pretenses
- Cheyenne Cheryl Burton — identity theft
- Dimas Noel Calcano — conspiracy to commit grand larceny; grand larceny; larceny with intent to sell
- Timothy Joseph Castaldy — statutory burglary
- Keandre Jaquan Cherry — child cruelty (2 counts)
- Melissa Cooke — larceny, third offense
- Alexander Croker — possession of cocaine with intent to distribute
- Mary Darden — credit card theft (2 counts); credit card fraud (2 counts); identity theft (2 counts); grand larceny
- Isiah Davis — statutory burglary; conspiracy; grand larceny
- Lamont Davis — statutory burglary (2 counts); conspiracy (2 counts); possession of burglary tools (2 counts); grand larceny (2 counts)
- Mary Delaney — conspiracy to commit credit card theft; credit card theft; forgery; uttering
- Galations Edmonds — unauthorized use of vehicle
- Glenwood Melvin Eley — failure to appear on felony charge
- Monesha Shawntal Gaskins — grand larceny; conspiracy to commit grand larceny
- Derek Lee Gibson — possession of Schedule I or II controlled substance
- David Allen Goodwin — assault and battery of family member
- Charles Harrison Grant — violent sex offender failure to register (2 counts)
- Leon Hamlin — statutory burglary
- Julius Jon Harris — drive while habitual offender
- Janet Marie Hatcher — unauthorized use of vehicle
- Timmy Andre Hayes — aggravated malicious wounding; shoot/stab/cut/wound
- Joseph Edward Hobbs — unauthorized use of a vehicle
- Thomas Hoskie — make false statement; attempted possession of firearm by felon
- Charles Douglas Hyman Jr. — statutory burglary; conspiracy; possession of burglary tools; grand larceny
- Raquan Darrell Knight — assault and battery of law enforcement officer
- Alyssa Michelle Lankey — failure to appear on felony charge
- Tyler Casey Lynch — grand larceny (2 counts); grand larceny of motor vehicle
- Christopher Marino — possession of cocaine
- Emily Matos — conspiracy to commit credit card theft; credit card theft
- Travis Lashon McQuillia — abduction with intent to defile (3 counts); object sexual penetration (3 counts); indecent liberties with a minor (3 counts); rape (3 counts); forcible sodomy (3 counts)
- Azjmere Wayne Mitchell — robbery
- Kristofer Robert Nelson — grand larceny; larceny with intent to defile
- Charlotte Nuckles — possession of heroin
- John Mercer Pitts III — possession of heroin
- Michael Anthony Richardson — robbery
- Geoffrey Odell Ridley — threat to bomb/burn
- Christopher James Ross — statutory burglary; grand larceny; larceny with intent to sell; obtain money by false pretenses
- Fred Darvin Roundtree — domestic assault and battery; abduction
- David Kennedy Sampson — possession of firearm by felon within 10 years; receive stolen firearm; attempt to receive earnings of prostitute
- Martrell Laron Scott — possession of marijuana with intent to distribute
- Shenicka Liyanda Simmons — possession of cocaine
- Ernest Leroy Smith — drive while habitual offender
- Michael Thaddeus Smith — forcible sodomy; abduction with intent to defile
- Rodney Smith — possession of Schedule I or II drug; possession of firearm by convicted felon; possession of firearm with drugs
- Fabian Gerard Tobin — obtain money by false pretenses
- Thurman Justin Walden — common law burglary; abduction (2 counts); use of firearm in commission of a felony (5 counts); robbery (2 counts); abduction: extort money or immoral purpose (2 counts)
- Shalika White — failure to appear on felony charge
- Quanasia Shambria Wilkins — embezzlement
- Laquan Lamuel Williams — grand larceny; nonviolent felon possess gun; receive stolen property