Space heater sparks house fire

Published 8:31 pm Sunday, November 10, 2013

A space heater on an overloaded outlet sparked a house fire in the 2600 block of Riddick Drive early Sunday morning.

The call came in about 5:40 a.m. The fire was confined to the bathroom, but there was smoke throughout the home, city spokeswoman Diana Klink said in a press release.

The elderly male resident was transported to Sentara Obici Hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation, Klink wrote. No firefighters were injured.

Newsletter

Email newsletter signup